- Needs to chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Tools: Blender or food processor.
- Adjust heat by removing seeds from jalapeño or by adding two cans of mild Rotel (instead of one mild, one regular).
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 10-ounce cans Rotel tomatoes (one mild, one regular)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 whole jalapeño, quartered and sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of half a lime
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until you have the consistency you like (I pulse 10-15 times).
- Test seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour before serving.